Saturday 7 November 2015

Ugly Duckling: II


I dined at The Ugly Duckling again last night.

Henrik, the proprietor, welcomed me cordially and I had an opportunity to have a brief chat with him about his plans to relocate to new and improved premises on Calle Pulpo.

I remember the former Café Lounge-Bar, which will be the new location of The Ugly Duckling in 2016.

I used to frequent it a dozen years ago when it was owned by Stefan.

Stefan employed an Australian chef called Sean, quite a character.

Sean told me that he used to live and work in Belfast, at Bonnie's café opposite the Ulster Museum.

In his colourful language he remarked that "Bonnie did a flit" and it became Café Conor.

He lived in a street off Botanic Avenue.

ENOUGH of that. Back to my meal last night.

I started with the delicious Green Salad.


My main course was the chicken, which I had with whole potatoes, spinach, and rich béarnaise butter.

Henrik had poured me a refreshing flute of Cava.

Having settled up I ambled the short distance to Bar Bouganville on Calle Iglesia.

No comments :