JOHN MICHAEL CROMIE, his heir;
George Frederick (1883-1958), lieutenant RN;
Alexander Cyril, sub-lieutenant RN;
Mary Helen; Mary Emily Winifred.
JOHN MICHAEL CROMIE MONTAGU DL (1881-1966), who wedded, in 1907, Libia, daughter of Señor Martin Montes, of Quilmes, Argentine Republic, and had issue,
ROBERT ALEXANDER (1917-);
Alicia May (1919-2005).
JAMES CROMEY is recorded as having three hearths at Tullaghgore, County Antrim, in 1669.
In 1738, MICHAEL CROMIE, a merchant living in Dublin, acquired land at Tullaghgore from the 5th Earl of Antrim.
Portstewart was founded in 1792 by John Cromie, who named it after his maternal ancestors, the Stewarts of Ballylesse. Portstewart developed into a modestly sized seaside resort in the mid-19th century under the influence of John Cromie. Its development and character was influenced greatly by the "sabbatarian" sensitivities of the Cromies and the consequent resistance to a railway connection in the mid 19th century. Portstewart's name is relatively modern and came into being from 1734 onwards when Alexander McDonnell, 5th Earl of Antrim, gave the lease of a boat slip and surrounding lands to the Stewarts of Ballylease, a branch of the Royal Stewarts and the same Stewarts who owned Ballintoy.The Cromore estate passed to the Montagu family through the marriage of Ellen, daughter and heiress of John Cromie, to the Rt Hon Lord Robert Montagu MP, younger son of George, 6th Duke of Manchester (see Tandragee Castle).
CROMORE HOUSE, near Coleraine, County Londonderry, is a mid-18th century house of two storeys with a dormer attic and four bays.
It was enlarged and remodelled in 1834 by John Cromie, who added a two-storey wing on either side with a large, single, multi-paned window in each storey.
The front was further enlarged with the addition of a single-storey pavilion - like a Doric temple - at one end, this being the entrance porch, which was joined to the principal block by a corridor.
Another pavilion was later added at the other side and glazed as a conservatory.
There is an impressive hall of 1834 with an Ionic screen behind which rises a staircase with elaborate, cast-iron balusters.
There is some planting remaining from extensive and necessary early shelter-belting and mid-19th century infill.
The site is mainly of interest for the conservatory wing added to the house; the gate lodge of ca 1857, probably by Lanyon and Lynn; and the walled garden.
The glazed wing was added in 1834 at a time of expansion and planting in the demesne. The surviving gate lodge was erected for a new avenue with access to the then new railway line.
There is an older, surviving screen and walling contemporary with the house. The walled garden, probably contemporary with the house, is not kept up and the glasshouses have gone.
In the 1870s, the estate comprised 3,315 acres.
Following its sale by the Montagu family, Cromore became a residence for post-graduate university students.
It operated as a residential care home till 2014.