Thursday 12 September 2013

Prince William

The Duke of Cambridge is to cease active service in HM armed forces after more than seven years of service, Kensington Palace has announced.

Prince William completed his final shift as a Royal Air Force search and rescue pilot on Tuesday, September 10th, 2013. He will now focus on royal duties and charity work, a palace spokesman said.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince George are expected to move from their Anglesey home to Kensington Palace within the next few weeks.

His Royal Highness will continue to support the work of HM The Queen and the Royal Family through a programme of official engagements - both at home and overseas - with The Duchess of Cambridge, the palace added.

He will work closely over the next year with The Royal Foundation.

Prince William is currently considering a number of options for public service, the palace said, with a further announcement to follow in due course.

Tuesday's final RAF shift brought to an end a three-year posting on Anglesey for HRH.

In a speech at Anglesey Show in August, Prince William thanked the island's people for being so welcoming to him and his wife:
"I know that I speak for Catherine when I say that I have never in my life known somewhere as beautiful and as welcoming as Anglesey. I know that both of us will miss it terribly when my search and rescue tour of duty comes to an end next month and we have to move elsewhere. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for making my wife and me so welcome when we arrived here, as you do thousands of visitors each year."

No comments :