Tuesday 17 April 2012

La Scala Bistro

I dined with some friends at La Scala Bistro in the Stormont Hotel, Belfast, this evening. Having had an aperitif at the lounge bar, we headed to the restaurant. We were shown a good table adjacent to the window.

To be honest, I didn't really observe the restaurant itself much, though the ambiance is contemporary.

We didn't have wine on this occasion. I ordered the Kilkeel Scampi, which was battered, served with tartare sauce and a small poke of chips.

Following this I had the Dexter Beef Burger, garnished with lettuce, tomato, chutney and hand-cut chips.

For pudding I had Sticky Toffee Pudding with whipped cream.

I enjoyed it. Service was attentive and courteous; the food was of a good standard, too.

I must have been in the hotel for almost five hours. This evening the Stormont Hotel appeared to be fairly quiet, which suited me.

No comments :