Saturday 31 March 2012

Corralejo: XI

Yesterday was spent at El Cotillo beach. We Belmonts generally tan easily, though I have been caught out on this occasion with the old sun and wind. I am minded to buy fresh sun cream and after-sun cream when I arrive at a resort, in future, rather than bringing it in the hand luggage.

Hand luggage regulations permit only 100 ml of liquids in any one bottle at present. The stuff adds to the weight of one's baggage, too.

Well I enjoyed another great meal at The Temple last night. With the old nose-bag neatly affixed, Timothy tucked in to a hearty dinner consisting of slowly-cooked lamb shoulder and vegetables, followed by home-made cheesecake with fruits of the forest.

John's brother Michael joined me and we had a decent chin-wag during our nosh-up. John is driving us both to the airport. Incidentally, Michael had The Temple's sirloin steak, reputedly the best of its kind in the resort.

The chef, Colin, is a veritable master of the culinary taste-buds. I am minded to write a separate article about The Temple later.

No comments :