Sunday 15 January 2012

Leisurely Drives

I have to admit that it has been quite a while since I had a leisurely drive on a Sunday - or any day, for that matter - in the two-seater. I am becoming a fair-weather motorist.

The roads are so filthy anyway, what with the requisite invasion of the gritter lorries.

When my parents were alive we used to go for a Sunday drive regularly during the winter months, often to a forest park, a National Trust property, or even Bangor and Groomsport, both in County Down.

Timothy Belmont is a confirmed sun-worshipper, so the present weather is not agreeable enough for me. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy the exceptional days when it is dry and sunny, albeit cold.

Perhaps hibernation or seasonal migration is the answer!

1 comment :

fitzi said...

join me dear boy on my next excursion.....