Friday 26 August 2011

Friday Concert

The Ulster Hall, Belfast, was full tonight for a BBC Radio 3 Invitation Concert performed brilliantly by a large Ulster Orchestra.

The soloist for Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No 3 in D Minor was Sofya Gulyak.

The conductor was Alan Buribayev.

This season's theme has been Russian throughout.

My neighbour, whom I've encountered previously, obligingly offered me his newspaper to read during the interval; and a sweet, into the bargain.

Next Friday's concert features the Grand Mulholland Organ; the soloist, Colm Carey.

2 comments :

Jenny said...

I was there - it was a great evening and the pianist was fantastic. I don't get to enough Ulster Orchestra concerts and really must make more of an effort - only went to last night's because we have a visitor

Timothy Belmont said...

It was a great concert, wasn't it? The pianist - marvellous.

I spotted somebody in front of me with a Heritage Days catalogue and forgot to pick one up. Drat!