Wednesday 12 January 2011

Euro Fitting

I have just endured a tiresome attempt at replacing an old fluorescent light fitting with a new one; and the difficulty has been that the older six foot lights have a thicker girth than the skinny new ones (always blame it on Eurocrats!).

I turned off the electricity; disassembled the old fitting, wires, screws etc; erected the new one - as per instructions; wired it up; and the confounded thing refuses to work!

I'm going to return it for a refund and endeavour to obtain one of the older lights elsewhere.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

oh dear not good if you cannot find one... I have one.. J..

Timothy Belmont said...

Gosh, thanks, J! I'll try the local electrical hardware shop on Belmont Road before I despair!

Timothy Belmont said...

Meant to say, J, sorry to hear about your web diffs; and no, you haven't upset me at all!