Saturday 9 October 2010

Corralejo: IX

Well, the hols are nearing their conclusion and I have moderated my alcohol consumption so, cognizant of this fact, readers shan't be at all surprised that I have a glass of lemonade beside the Dell Mini 9 presently. Please do not be too alarmed, though, because I had a few little Tanqueray restoratives in my room earlier.

I had lasagne and salad garnish at Michael's place, the Casbah, last night and drifted into the adjoining bar, the Blue Rock - for a few more teetotal beverages, viz. Fanta Orange. This little bar is popular with British clientele (which suits Timothy Belmont well since I generally shun Irish bars like the Bubonic Plague). Last night there was a couple from north Devon who owned an apartment in the resort and stay for 8-12 weeks annually.

Another couple hailed from Torquay and the woman asked me if I'd heard of it. Self replied: "The English Riviera, home to Basil Fawlty and I have his entire DVD box-set!"

Nothing more to report presently, so I shall sign off.

2 comments :

Irishlad said...

Enjoyed your Corralejo posts..all of 'em.Heading for Mallorca,as the locals call it,next week.Regards.

Timothy Belmont said...

Hoping you have fine weather and a great time.