Tuesday 7 September 2010

Faulty Programmer

When I awoke this morning I heard the creaking pipes, which normally indicates that the central heating is coming on. Surely not? It was before six-thirty in the morning.

I got up and went downstairs to see the electronic Danfoss programmer on with all the lights on but no time on the digital reader. I began pressing buttons and nothing happened. I tried almost everything to no avail; turned the room thermostat right down; went into the boiler-room and switched off the boiler itself at the mains.

The programmer is still on! I finally phoned the electrician, who told me that I'd probably require a new programmer - despite the present one being a mere couple of years old. He mentioned £55 plus fitting or thereabouts.

Typical. I turned the boiler on for the first time last night in ages. That must have been what did it all!

No comments :