Thursday 15 July 2010

Crystal Drawback

Timothy Belmont always seems to be learning and, occasionally, slipping over similar banana skins. During the last few weeks, I have habitually been using an old Tyrone glass wine goblet. Well, I've concluded - at a price - that this custom is imprudent; for daily, every-day usage, that is to say. And definitely do not endeavour to put the clean glass back inside a cupboard or cabinet, having just imbibed a glass or two of the red stuff.

The incident occurred yesterday. I was carelessly placing the goblet up on a high glass shelf, when I knocked its rim - the most fragile part - against the shelf. Of course it broke instantaneously. Within seconds I had unceremoniously dumped it into the bin. What a waste! Now there are five goblets of the same variety.

The moral of it all is that it would be more judicious to use a sturdier, thicker, less valuable wine glass every day. Leave the crystal ones in mothballs for special occasions, Belmont.

2 comments :

thetrout said...

Nooo! Use the good stuff. Nothing like a glass of the red stuff from a beautiful, precious glass.
I'd say leave the clearing up til the morning... :)

thetrout said...

Nooo! Use the good stuff. Nothing like a glass of the red stuff from a beautiful, precious glass.
I'd say leave the clearing up til the morning... :)