Monday 4 January 2010

Pool Closed Again

I motored up to the Sports Club this evening, in the expectation that the swimming-pool would, at least, be open.

Yet again, they have let down the loyal membership with a printed notice on the door stating that the pool is closed due to a "broken cover". No notification to members; no indication as to when we can expect the pool to re-open. No adequate communication.

It doesn't really surprise me; though it is still deplorable. Little wonder numbers are dwindling. Those who supervise the pool appear to be indifferent towards the Sports Club. Were a member of staff at a private health club to treat members in such a manner, they'd have been dismissed within a week or two. Not twenty years.

I'll simply continue to exercise at the private health club I belong to, though I'll miss the swimming.

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Is this CCB, or the gym you joined?

Timothy Belmont said...

CCB.

Anonymous said...

Surely the pool's pretty grim anyway. You should join David Lloyd; it is expensive in comparison to the alternatives, but it's quite good value if one uses it fairly often.

W.

Timothy Belmont said...

Don't tempt me! I have considered Lloyd's though, believe it or not, I still enjoy swimming at CCB despite its deficiencies. I'll most remain there till the bitter end!

What I want - and shan't get - is "regime change" at the pool. As you say, it is grim and grimy; not, to my mind, properly cleaned inside and out. The grime lying on the floor of the pool has been there since it was painted!

The changing-room is frequently untidy and littered with dirt and rubbish.

I have complained in writing to the previous headmaster (Pollock) and others about the situation about a decade ago, to no avail. The "supervisor" in charge remains in place still.