Thursday 26 November 2009

Putting Fitness First

I have joined the health club, Fitness First, today. I was a member a few years ago and, since then, I've belonged to two other clubs.

Are there Fitness First clubs in the USA or Canada; or Australia?

In my experience they all have their deficiencies; and, sometimes, it can be a case of "out of the frying-pan and into the fire", "the devil you know..." and all that rot.

Still, I wish for a change again; so I called with them today and suffered the usual sales pitch, the obligation to disclose my phone number et al. I provided my mobile number: I rarely have it with me, so it is almost as good as no number! They can always pester me by my tertiary email address.

It never does you any good to discuss what deal you negotiate - or strike - with fellow members, since the deals vary so much. I was sufficiently satisfied with mine to go ahead: £23.33 per month for twelve months - no administration or joining fee either. They all probably seek new members, especially at this time of year; so I didn't have to try hard.

The Connswater branch doesn't have a swimming-pool. No matter, I swim at the old school anyway.

I'd better say my "goodbyes" to a few chums at the old club tomorrow.

2 comments :

Stephen said...

Seems to be somewhat global, but Europe and the Far East. Nothing on North America, probably a wise decision as there is a vast overcapacity of gyms here.

Nice to see a British business doing (I hope!) well.

Stephen

Timothy Belmont said...

I'll darken their door on Tuesday next. :-)