Friday 21 August 2009

The Lobster Pot Re-Opens

Well put, John. The old girl is up and running again. My fellow-blogger has said it all about the iconic Lobster Pot Bar and Restaurant at the Square in Strangford, one of the most picturesque villages in County Down.

I wish them well; and look forward to paying them a visit. As John says, I have written quite exhaustively on my blog about the LP.

Readers and new visitors to the Lobster Pot: do please feel free to leave any contributions on my message-board, won't you?

5 comments :

Peregrine's Bird Blog said...

I think the Lobster Pot was only a decent restaurant upto early 90's ever since it has been dreadful!!!

Timothy Belmont said...

Agreed,Craig. My sentiments too. Let's give 'em a fighting chance and see.

Personally and idealistically, I'd like the Lobster Pot to revert back to the way it was 30 years ago, with a lick of paint and a new carpet. The odd embellishment here and there don't you know.

Previous occupants have gutted it, knocked down walls and done unspeakable things to the old girl.

I just wish a menu from the 80s could be acquired and replicated!

Tim

Peregrine's Bird Blog said...

The building belongs to Peter Maxwell

Timothy Belmont said...

I never knew that. Fascinating. I imagine the de Ros Estate still stretches from the bay to the village.

Anonymous said...

We are looking forward to eating in the Lobster Pot under the new management/ We wish them well.
If it is as good/almost as good as during the management of Mr.Mc Morrow and Mr Dabernig we will be frequent diners.
Good Luck to Botanic Inns