Sunday 16 August 2009

Cordial Appreciation

I had absolutely no notion whatsoever that my blog would have been given any consideration in a Top Twenty line-up.

I am touched, gratified and so appreciative to be included in a list of Northern Ireland blogs; though I consider mine to be a personal journal rather than political.

I particularly wish to congratulate three local blogs that I am familiar with; viz. Alan in Belfast, Chekov and O'Neill - in alphabetical order!

I wish to express my sincere gratitude to all my friends, fellow-bloggers and other like-minded souls.

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

I think the commendation is well-deserved. Your blog is compulsive reading; quirky, amusing and informative. As a fellow old Brackenbrian I raise my moth-eaten red cap to you!
J

Timothy Belmont said...

That's very kind of you to say so. Thank you. By the way, we motored over to Cleaver Ave this afternoon to see the location of the old school. Pity the development was not named after Brackenber as a reminder...

Tim

Alan in Belfast (Alan Meban) said...

Well done!

I was susprised to be in the running ... and quite glad that I didn't make the list in the end.

Timothy Belmont said...

Alan, my sentiments entirely re being in the running.

Best wishes,

Tim

Timothy Belmont said...

Alan, I don't follow the list: I'm sure your blog appeared on it the last time I looked!

I thought I was initially 13th, not that it matters too much. I'll carry on, no matter whether I'm in or out!

Tim