Friday 13 February 2009

Interesting Groceries At Sainsbury's

Two items caught my eye at Sainsbury's supermarket this morning: Clandeboye yoghurt and Higgidy quiche.

I was at the yoghurt shelf, about to grab a tub of Sainsbury's Greek-style yoghurt with honey, when I noticed the Clandeboye brand. There were two varieties: natural; and Greek style. They are competitively priced. I'd definitely have bought a tub, if it had contained honey; however, I opted for the usual own-label stuff (which, incidentally, is very good indeed). I've just sent Clandeboye an email, suggesting the addition of honey in their Greek yoghurt.

The other item which seemed attractive was a rather fine-looking quiche by a company I'd never heard of before: Higgidy. The quiche looked delicious, especially since the description stated:-Smoked English Bacon and Mature Cheddar Quiche, Seeded shortcrust pastry crammed with mature cheddar and sautéed onions in a creamy free range egg filling, topped with smoked English bacon lardons. It's not particularly cheap, at £3.79. I look forward to tasting it within the next few days.

No comments :